Slouching Towards Bantry

A journey is a hallucination. -- Flann O'Brien

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

These Boots Are Made in China



In preparations for my Irish odyssey, I've had to make a few acquisitions, including a digital camera, the modern incarnation of the old Kodak Brownie Hawk Eye of my childhood. Just as important, as shown in the accompanying image, are comfortable hiking boots and one of those fancy suitcases with wheels, the better for toting through miles of airport concourses. All three items, of course, are made in Red China. Remember when right-wingers all called it Red China? You seldom hear that phrase nowadays. I'm sure walking around with all this commie paraphernalia won't draw undue attention from the guardians of Homeland Security, but the decades-old bumper sticker on my guitar case might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home