Slouching Towards Bantry

A journey is a hallucination. -- Flann O'Brien

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Gone Native

County Clare has to be the favorite haught of American tourists. Either that or I've been here so long that the winter-off season has changed to the tourist season. I've heard more American voices in the last two days then I did in the last month.

But in the village of Corafin, I did encounter an Irish voice. The driver, a woman, stopped me on the edge of the village of Corofin and asked in a lilting tenor "which way to the Burren." I pointed down the road. "You can't miss it." The Burren, a rocky landscape, takes up about half of County Clare.

After more than a month roaming around over here. , I'm starting to give the natives directions. Guess it's time to split.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home