Slouching Towards Bantry

A journey is a hallucination. -- Flann O'Brien

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Own Episode of 24 Hours, Plus 6

By the time, I arrived in Garirish Cross, down the winding road to Alliheis, I had been on the road approximately 36 hours, the last of those mostly spent manuevering down narrow one-lane roads, driving on the left side of the highway.

I am currently writing from an Internet shop in the town of Castletownbere and will provide more details and photos of my journey when I can find a wi-fi location.

One horticultural discovery, however, is worth noting immediately: palm trees grow here -- 20 feet tall and higher -- in County Cork all year round. Corksmen plant them in their front yards for ornamention like we might cultivate a magnolia.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger Von Boeger said...

How ya keepn' lad?
Looks like you're discovering the lay of the land.
Look left and don't mess with the Monk.
Later...P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home